Welcome to My Garden...

I am fortunate.

My Life, to this date, has granted me much excitement and bliss. Of course, that doesn't mean that my life is a bed of roses... However, without the hardships, one will never understand or appreciate what Life could give...

This blog is created to share some of my observations and views... And works. :) Yes, indeed, it is subjective. But don't worry - All names will be changed to protect the 'involved'...

Bless Be.

Monday, August 16, 2010

How Deep is Your Love? - Thoughts after watching 'White Soliloquy'

You can find sincerity in the Script, Direction and Performance...


A long-waited good piece of theatre.


Here, let's just put all the praises aside. As an artist myself, I was totally touched by the story and felt deeply for the juxtaposition of a veteran actor's life vs. our life as artist (presented by Nelson himself) in the present day.


In the old days, there were dreams and aspirations. A passion so strong that one will do what it takes to fulfill it. Yes, it may start from just pure need of survival... But after that, that basic instinct somehow changed into much deeper interest for the work. It may not be as intellectual as most of the present artists, it may not be sophisticated. But there was so much 'heart'! So much thoughts in the process that if one try to analysis it, it would be futile and only prove to show how shallow/stupid one is!


I asked myself - How deep is my love for my art? What does it mean to me?


Recently, I must say I saw quite a few bad acting and directing... I looked at the actors on stage, I pondered, I wondered why they wanna become an actor... It's not one of those jobs that will earn you a million dollars! So, what is it? Interest? Or, so called 'Passion' they claimed. And then I tried to understand the 'hard work' they have put into the project... And then I'm confused. What is 'hard work'?


Who says acting (theatre) is easy? 


We are all in such a 'safe & sound' environment now, at least this is true (to a certain extend) for the younger generation. What do we wanna say? Or rather, what else can they say? I hesitate to admit my worst fear that those young ones has been mentally/intellectually 'castrated'. A very scary thought...


When you realize the Universe, you will see that Galaxies are just part of it. When you understand the Galaxy, you will know that our Sun is merely one of the billions/trillions stars in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.